If you want a dinner that your family is going to love and love to help make with you, then Pizza cupcakes is it! I decided to give this a try over a year ago, because the biscuit pizzas and the bubble up pizzas were a hit. So… I took it one step further… hence pizza cupcakes were born… These would be really fun to serve for the Superbowl party – or any party for that matter.
Make sure you give this one a try -your family is going to love you for it!
- 2 cans of biscuits (use the cheap kind, not the grands)
- pizza sauce (I make my own)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperonis (I used a pizza cutter and cut them into fourths)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cupcake pan with non-stick spray.
- Place a biscuit into each cupcake. Use your fingers to make a well in each biscuit (The kids loved doing this).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of sauce into each cupcake.
- Sprinkle the pepperonis and top with the mozzarella cheese (don't go overboard on the cheese, these are going to rise quite a bit. I learned the hard way)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until nice an golden brown.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool about 5 minutes (they will "deflate" some) before serving.
Copyright 2012 - Coupon Closet
It really is that simple! These are also very frugal friendly. If you make your own pizza sauce, this is a very inexpensive dinner. Since you can get the biscuits for cheap even without a sale or a coupon, you can make this any time.
These freeze great!
Since you are already going to make a mess of your kitchen, go ahead and make extras. Flash freeze them on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, place in a ziplock baggy. You now have an easy lunch ready to reheat in the microwave. These also taste great at room temperature, so your kids will love them in school lunches.